Time-Saving Tip: Use one 12-oz. bag of shredded coleslaw mix instead of the sliced vegetables to reduce prep time.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
1 T. onion powder
1 T. garlic powder
1½ T. smoked paprika
1 T. dried thyme
1 T. dried oregano
2 t. sea salt
1 t. black pepper
½ t. – 1 t. cayenne pepper*
* Adjust amount of cayenne to reach desired level of heat
3 c. green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 c. red cabbage, thinly sliced
Optional: ½ c. kale leaves, finely chopped
1 large carrot, shredded
1/3 c. Greek yogurt
1 T. apple cider vinegar
¾ t. ground cumin
¾ t. spicy Dijon mustard
1 T. fresh lime juice
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
18-20 oz. mahi-mahi or other firm white fish
4-5 large radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 T. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
8 8-inch corn or gluten-free tortillas
- Combine the ingredients for the Blackened seasoning in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To prepare the coleslaw, add the sliced cabbage, kale leaves (if using), and shredded carrot to a large, non-reactive bowl. Whisk the Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, Dijon mustard, and lime juice together in a smaller bowl and pour over top of the other vegetables. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Generously season both sides of the mahi-mahi with the blackened seasoning and rub to cover the entire fish and to make sure it adheres well. Carefully slice the fish into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
Note: You can slice the fish before seasoning, but it takes longer to coat each piece individually and the blackened flavor will be much stronger if all sides are coated.
- Add the olive oil to a large cast iron or other skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the seasoned fish and cook until opaque and flakey, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To serve, evenly divide the creamy coleslaw and blackened fish between the 8 tortillas. Top with the sliced radishes and fresh cilantro leaves. If desired, drizzle some Creamy Avocado Sauce on top. Enjoy!